Sunday, July 25, 2010

Camping in the great outdoors, but still really close to all your basic needs

We gave camping in our backyard a shot with the kiddos last weekend and for the most part it turned out great and by that I mean I got to sleep in my nice cozy bed inside all to myself, until a wee visitor joined me for some night feeds!

Setting up the tent (pop-up) was a breeze and proved to be quite an attraction all day!
Wouldn't be camping without smores roasted on our outdoor patio heater!
Brushing all the sugar bugs off!
Settling into the sleeping bag, with about 8 books and 45 minutes of me pretending to sleep and watching James wiggle around and talk to himself...until....
Mason had fallen asleep inside, so Geoff tucked into the tent for the night with James and I slept inside....not too bad for a first go! It was so sweet watching James fall asleep!

3 comments:

  1. you are making such great memories for the kids !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet..nothing like a sleeping child@:) what a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so fun! i love thinking about what they must be thinking of these random turns of events... what? we're sleeping in the yard tonight? they must think we parents are crazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete